We are the first ever Aberdeen City Centre Community Council. We were established on the 5th of September 2013 after an uncontested election.
Aberdeen City Centre Community Council was re-established in October 2015 in an uncontested election you can see the results here
The community council is a representative of the community known as the City Centre and covers two council wards. We seek to give the people of the area a voice in an area that is used by everyone in and out of Aberdeen.
We do this in a number of ways such as:
- Monthly Meetings
- Consulting on planning applications
- Consulting on Licencing applications
- expressing public opinions
- Sharing important information
- Liaising with the City Council
- Seeking feedback from Aberdeen residents
- Improving our local community
Our regular monthly meetings are used to discuss a wide range issues relating to the area we represent and are open to the public. Each meeting will have an agenda which is released at least 5 days in advance and we encourage everyone to come along. As well as the Community Council members there may also be City councillors or officers, representatives of the police and city wardens and members of various businesses or groups that have an interest in the city centre in attendance.
The City Centre Community Councillors are:
- Dustin Macdonald – Chairman & Planning Officer
- Leonora Montgomery – Secretary
- Lorraine Patterson – Treasurer
- Barbara Checkett
- Jaki Sinclair
- Jess Sinclair
- Graeme Pyper
Our boundary is outlined below:
Alternatively you can view the boundary via the council website’s pdf.
The City Centre Community Council covers parts of two wards below is the list of wards and councillors: